Barfi! scores at Times of India Film Awards 2013
Anurag Basu's unconventional love triangle Barfi! featuring Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz won big at the Times of India Film Awards 2013 (TOIFA) in Vancouver over the weekend.
The film revolving around a deaf, mute boy, not only bagged Best Film, but also won both Kapoor and Chopra the Best Actor and Actress trophies respectively, for their stellar turns in the touching film.
Basu was hoping Chopra would win given that she returned home empty ended at the Filmfare Awards last month, where Vidya Balan won for Kahaani.
"Barfi! is nominated in different categories so I am excited and not nervous because we celebrate each other's success in the industry. But more than my win or Ranbir's win, I am hoping that Priyanka gets an award this time.
"I was hoping that she would get a National Award but that did not happen. I can't really say much on that because I have not seen the films that won National Awards. She also did not get an award at Filmfare so I am hoping that she wins at TOIFA," said Basu to NDTV.
Southern actress Ileana D'Cruz, who made her debut with Barfi!, won the Best Debut Female for her performance in the film.
Other winners in the popular award categories were:
- Best Villain: Rishi Kapoor - Agneepath
- Best Director (Critics): Gauri Shinde - English Vinglish
- Best Actress (Critics): Deepika Padukone - Cocktail
- Best Actor (Critics): Irrfan Khan - Paan Singh Tomar
- Best Film (Critics): Gangs of Wasseypur
- Best Debut Male: Ayushmann Khurrana - Vicky Donor
- Best Supporting Actress: Dolly Ahluwalia - Vicky Donor
- Best Supporting Actor: Annu Kapoor Vicky Donor
- Best Actor in a Comic Role: Abhishek Bachchan - Bol Bachchan
- Best Playback Singer (Female): Shalmali Kholgade for 'Pareshaan' - Ishaqzaade
- Best Playback Singer (Male): Sonu Nigam for 'Abhi Mujh Mein' - Agneepath
- Best Lyrics: Gulzaar for 'Saans' - Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Best Music Director: Atul-Ajay - Agneepath